Monday, April 06, 2009

Round and Round in Circles

I've had a bit of an unproductive week writing wise. My thoughts keep going round in circles. I've yet to finalise a subject for my life writing (although I had a bit of a breakthrough at 11pm last night) and I'm thinking of rewriting the first two chapters of my novel. Meanwhile, ideas for new projects keep popping into my head.

As always, the arrival of Writing magazine and Writers News on my doormat provided some much needed focus and I'm starting to get back on track. I realise that actually, I have written quite a lot in the last week. There just hasn't been many gems in the rubble.

Here's to a more productive writing week (and finishing the Jilly Cooper).

2 comments:

Lori said...

Good luck. I hope you have an excellent writing week. I am always inspired by writing magazines too.

Philip Sington said...

I'm pretty sceptical about 'how to write' books; but the best thing on writing novels I've ever come across (wish I'd found something like it years ago) is "Master Class in Fiction Writing" by Adam Sexton. If you go through it, reading the books as recommended in each chapter, you won't need any magazines!
Just a tip!
Good luck.