Wednesday, March 04, 2009

OU Writing Courses

Since September last year I have been studying Creative writing (A215) with the Open University and without doubt it is the best learning experience I have ever had. Previously, despite feeling an overwhelming urge to write I always felt guilty about it as there was so much else going on. By shifting the focus of my degree, I've been able to write as much as I like/need and feel good about it.

As well as having great materials, the course offers an online forum for discussion and comment on each other's work as well as day schools. These were the aspects that scared me the most but how wrong was I? Comments, both positive and constructive have been such a help. The best thing about writing is that there is always something new to learn, whether through research, honing a technique or simply talking to another writer.

A great blog covering this course and more is here

OU Website

No comments: