Friday, May 21, 2010

Like Bees to Honey by Caroline Smailes: The Launch Night

Lat night I attended a very important night for author, Caroline Smailes, the launch of her new novel Like Bees to Honey . It was a wonderful night and included beautiful readings from the book. It was fantastic to meet the very friendly Caroline (and get my book signed) and have a cake (or two) and a chat.

I wish I could get started on this beautiful book sooner but as you will see from my blog, I am still tangled up in the last of my uni work for the year. From the glance through I allowed myself after getting back last night, I can see that it features Caroline's usual ingenuity with the page layout and fonts making it extremely visually inviting, as does the gorgeous cover designed by Becky Adams. I can't wait to get stuck in. Expect a full review when I've finished it.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Thank you, lovely lady! Was great to meet you last night. You made me smile :) x